Blogger takes on Vogue! I was tagged by the lovely Rachel at Musings of the Mind to do this fun post! I love the Vogue videos so I was really excited to take part. On to the questions!
1. What is your go to Starbucks order?
I am not a fan of coffee (not through lack of trying!) So it would either be a tea, an iced juice drink or a mint hot chocolate over the winter season.
2. What does your work station look like right now?
Pretty simple. I do have a desk and files to make it look more professional but really I spend most of my days with my Mac on my lap on a comfy chair (blogger life). Bad for the posture – would not recommend!
3. All time favourite food?
Nachos with extra cheese. Every.Day.Of.The.Week.
4. Favourite author?
This is tricky, there’s so many! Charlotte Bronte for Jane Eyre alone. Any author who writes strong, female leads is a winner in my eyes.
5. What do you think of open relationships?
My overthinking mind could never!
6. Favourite videogame?
Does The Sims count as a video game? I used to love Crash Bandicoot back in the day.
7. Guilty pleasure treat?
Krispy Kreme donuts. Is there anything better?
8. Favourite film?
9. Favourite book?
Changes all the time but possibly Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine.
10. Twitter or Instagram?
Instagram. I have a slight addiction at this point.
11. Desktop or laptop?
Laptop for me.
12. Best advice you’ve ever received?
If you don’t speak up, no one is going to hear you.
13. What project are you currently working on right now?
I’ve recently gone freelance full-time and that is a hell of a project in itself!
14. Favourite colour?
15. Did you get good grades in school?
Good, not excellent. I was a B grade all-rounder.
16. Dream job?
Author/Wedding Planner/Human Rights Lawyer – I’m a mixed bag!
17. Played any sports?
The least sporty person you’ll ever meet.
18. Do you have a degree?
Yes, BA Hons in Education.
20. What is your favourite kind of blog post to write?
Personal, first person style blogger. Any opportunity for me to ramble about my feelings!
21. What do you like to collect?
Books! So, so many books.
22. Describe yourself in 3 words.
Empathetic, Emotional, Dreamer
23. If you were a rapper what would your rapper name be?
It would be as lame as my rapping abilities would be.
24. Who was the last person you DM’d?
25. What is on top of your wish list right now?
Just to feel a sense of contentment more often than not.
26. Hogwarts House?
A Hufflepuff apparently. I haven’t watched the movies bar the first one ( I know bad Stacey!) it’s on my to do list! I have read the books but that was a long time ago now!
27. How many tattoos do you have?
One – a quote on my inner arm.
28. What are you most grateful for this year?
Time to realise what really matters. That everyone close to me got through it in one piece. Community spirit, the NHS. Starting my blog!
29. What’s the best thing that happened to you this month?
I quit the job that made me unhappy – big deal!
30. What’s the best thing that happened to you today?
I saw my friend for a tea – the little things these days!
31. What’s the best thing ever?
Listening to a great song for the first time.
32. Favourite season?
33. Favourite holiday?
34. Which fictional character do you relate to the most?
Mindy Lahiri ICON
35. Do you like surprises?
Absolutely (only good ones)
36. What’s the biggest surprise you ever got?
Years ago, I had a friend who I thought was in a different country show up on my doorstep! That was a great suprise.
37. What’s a surprise that made you cry?
For my 30th this year my sister got me a “30 presents for 30 years” basket of gifts. I wasn’t expecting it and it was so nice.
38. What’s the best surprise you’ve ever given anyone?
Aside from nice gifts that people weren’t expecting, I can’t remember doing anything exceptional. I need to up my game!
39. Do you like muffins?
Absolutely – Choc chip!
40. Do you cook often?
No I’m terrible! I need lessons.
41. What’s your favourite dessert?
Apple crumble with custard (extra crumble)
42. Is there a dessert you don’t like?
Rice pudding – gross.
43. Cake or pie?
44.What’s your least favourite food?
45. What’s your favourite condiment?
46. It’s 4am on a random Saturday morning, what are you eating?
4am? I’m assuming I’m drunk so probably toast.
47. If you could teach a class in college, what would it be?
48. Best animated film?
The Fox and the Hound
49. What has a guy said or done that impressed you?
Gave me his shoes so I could take my heels off on the long walk home. I didn’t ask, he made me take them, it was cute and it worked like a charm!
50. Best thing to do on a first date?
I think a dinner date is nice – nowhere fancy.
51. Worst thing to do on a first date?
Scroll on their phone – the worst.
52. What’s the best pick up line?
I don’t think it’s a pickup line. It’s eye contact and zoning everyone else out so it feels like you’re the only ones in the room.
53. Best comic book character?
I couldn’t even name one!
54. Name three things that can always be found in your purse.
Pen, purse, paracetamol
55. Favourite drink.
56. If I could play a historical character in a movie, who would it be?
Ooh good question. Someone awesome, maybe a suffragette or something. Emmeline Pankhurst.
57. Kittens or puppies.
58. Favourite sushi roll.
A veggie one.
59. What lipstick do you use?
Kylie Jenner makes the best lip products in all of the land. They stay on all day.
60. What foundation do you use?
61. Blowdry or airdry?
Blow-dry for me.
62. Who is your fashion icon?
I don’t have one – I’m not very big on fashion.
63. Favourite Disney character?
64. What are you doing tomorrow?
Writing and doing some client content work. Blogger day!
65. Movie you laughed the hardest through?
The first one that came to mind was 21 Jump Street – I actually cry laughed in the cinema.
66. Movie that made you cry.
A Star is Born.
67. If you could sing a duet with anyone, who would you choose?
68. If your life was a song, what would it be?
Let it be, The Beatles
69. What’s your favourite animal?
70. Favourite illustrator?
71. Person you’d love to have coffee with?
72. What country would you like to visit?
Loads! New York is number one on my travel wishlist so I’ll say USA.
73. Best way to compress?
Go for a drive, favourite playlist on top volume.
Wow that was long – if you got through it I’m impressed.
I nominate literally everyone reading, so I look forward to reading them all!
Thanks for reading 😊
- August 2021 £120 Giveaway!
Happy Summer!I’m happy to be teaming up with a group of fabulous UK Bloggers to bring you a £120 giveaway! If you’d like to be in with a chance of winning, follow the details at the end of this post. Good luck!
- Do You Follow Your Head Or Your Heart?Much of being an adult is actually having to make decisions based on what you want to do, versus what you probably should do. Otherwise known as the Heart vs Head debate. Imagine if our teen selves were in charge of our life decisions, without the knowledge of responsibilities, I’m sure we’d be more likely to follow our hearts.
- VOGUE’S 73 QUESTIONS: BLOGGER EDITIONBlogger takes on Vogue! I was tagged by the lovely Rachel at Musings of the Mind to do this fun post! I love the Vogue videos so I was really excited to take part.
- 30 Lessons for 30 YearsI’ve been talking for a while about wanting to mark my birthday on the Blog and whilst originally I was supposed to go through the 30 before 30 list, it now seems irrelevant. So instead, I’m going to talk about 30 lessons I’ve learned over the last 30 years, in the hope it may resonate with a few of you. Look out for the special inputs from some of my family members throughout!
- Why Self-Care Isn’t Selfish… It’s NecessaryThere will always be emails to answer, toys to tidy away, letters to shred and dinners to make from scratch. Dust will always fall and whilst a tidy house may indeed make a tidy mind, we all deserve a chance to pause, breathe and reflect.