Happy Monday all! Back with this weeks post, trying to bring a little energy boost to start off all our weeks in a good way. This weeks them is Friendship.
A good friend is like a four leaf clover: Hard to find and lucky to have. Having good friendships can absolutely make your life that bit more manageable but it is so important to make sure that friendship is serving you well. Having no friends is tough, having bad friends is worse. Look around at your inner circle – are you surrounded by good people? Do they add joy to your life? If the answer is yes, fantastic, If the answer is no, it’s time to do something about that.
I did a longer post about this last year that you can read here but the key points are laid out below:
- Friendships are great but they are not mandatory. It is better to have no friends than bad friends.
- It’s okay to have acquaintances. Not everybody you get on well with needs to be your next best friend, or even a close one.
- Some friends are for seasons, Some friends are for reasons, Some friends are for life.
- Don’t make someone a priority in your life when you’re only an option in theirs.
- Whatever you’re feeling, your feelings are valid.
This week, focus your energy on speaking to the people who bring you the most joy. The ones who’ll show up when you need them. Anything else just isn’t good enough for you.
Have a good week all!